Exotic Pot Roast
- 4 pounds rolled rump or top round
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (2 cans)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon orange peel grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds slivered
- 1 can Onions drained
- 1 can carrots drained
Brown beef in oil in large saucepan.
Add garlic, onion, salt and brown.
Combine all other ingredients (minus almonds) and pour over meat.
Simmer 3 hours without boiling, covered.
Can add can of drained onions and carrots to heat at end.
Serve with almonds on top.
I don't know about the canned onions and carrots, but this is what was on the recipe card.