- 1 4-5 lb pot roast beef shoulder or chuck roast
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon “Accent” flavor enhancer
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
Brown meat in heavy pot.
Drain off fat.
Add 3/4 cup water, simmer 1 hour.
Remove meat and cut in 1/2? slices.
Return to pot.
Bring 3/4 cup water and other ingredients to a boil.
Pour over meat.
Cover and simmer until fork-tender, about 1 and 1/2 hours. Add water if necessary.
Thicken with flour and water.
Serve with noodles.